# Edge Detection Effect
The Edge Detection effect applies a filter to the image that separates edges and surfaces by color. By default, edges will become black and surfaces will be white.
# Effect Settings
- Blend mode: How the effect blends with the background.
- Alpha: The opacity of this effect.
- Brightness: How bright the colors of this effect are.
- Detection multiply: This allows you to increase the brightness of detected edges.
- Detection threshold: This allows you to control the minimal threshold before an edge is detected.
- Outline color: This is the color of the edges.
- Outline background: This is the color of the background.
- Detection size: This option controls the size/width of the edges.