# Local Contrast Effect
The Local Contrast effect can be used for high quality contrast enhancement. Instead of just boosting the contrast of the entire image, this effect uses a method to specifically increase the contrast in areas where it matters.
# Effect Settings
- Opacity mask: You can paint this mask to limit the effect only to specific parts of the image.
- Kernel size: This controls the quality and size of the contrast enhancement.
- Grayscale: Enabling this will make the contrast enhancement black and white only.
- Scale: The size of the kernel used to find areas for contrast enhancement.
- Strength: How strong the contrast enhancement will be.