# Skew Effect
The Skew effect allows you to shift an edge of the image horizontally or vertically.
You should apply this effect only on top of other existing effects. If you apply this effect merely to a static image, consider modifying your image in an image editor instead to improve the performance of the wallpaper, since there is no need to use a live effect for that.
# Effect Settings
- Mode: Whether you want to distort the pixels or the edges of the layer. If you choose UV then you will distort the pixels which allows you to add additional effects after this effect and is usually what you want to use. If you choose vertex you will distort the edges of the layer and it will only work correctly if this effect is the last one that will be displayed.
- Repeat: Whether the image should repeat until the edges or be clamped. This is only relevant for the UV option.
- Bottom: Shifting along the bottom edge.
- Left: Shifting along the left edge.
- Right: Shifting along the right edge.
- Top: Shifting along the top edge.